Welcome to the website for Bloomington Youth Hockey, home of the Bloomington Thunder. Bloomington Youth Hockey is located in Bloomington, Illinois and offers a competitive travel hockey experience for youth players in Central Illinois, with a focus on pla

Home
 
 
 
My my My my
 
 
 
 
 
 
Welcome to Bloomington Youth Hockey - Home of the Thunder

Welcome to Bloomington Youth Hockey, Inc. (BYHI), home of the Bloomington Thunder. BYHI is an amateur, non-profit 501(c)(3) tax exempt youth hockey organization based in Bloomington, Illinois.  The Bloomington Thunder hockey program offers a competitive travel hockey experience for youth players throughout Central Illinois, with a focus on player development and a commitment to providing a great hockey experience.  BYHI provides opportunities from the Mite level to the Midget Major level and our teams participate in the Northern Illinois Hockey League.
 

HEADLINES  Subscribe to Bloomington Youth Hockey, Inc.
2014 Used Equipment Sale
08/01/2014
USED EQUIPMENT SALE INFORMATION   What: USED HOCKEY EQUIPMENT...
USHL Bloomington Thunder Seeking Billet Families
07/28/2014
The USHL Bloomington Thunder are seeking housing/billet families...
Conditioning Camp Registration Opens Saturday, August 2, 2014
07/27/2014
Registration for the BYHI sponsored Pre-Tryout Conditioning Camp...
Opening for BYHI Scheduler
07/27/2014
BYHI is looking for a member volunteer to be the master scheduler...
 
2014 Used Equipment Sale
by posted 08/01/2014
 

USED EQUIPMENT SALE INFORMATION

 

What: USED HOCKEY EQUIPMENT SALE, hosted by Bloomington Youth Hockey, Inc

When: Saturday, 816 and Sunday, 8/17 from 10:00 AM until 12:30 PM

Where: US Cellular Coliseum (enter through the Pepsi Ice Center)

**Method of payment accepted: Cash or Check ONLY

If you would like to sell any of your old equipment: please bring it to the US Cellular Coliseum (enter through the Pepsi Ice Center) Friday, 8/158 between 5:00 and 6:30 PM. You are required to price and tag your own equipment. After the sale you will be given a check from Bloomington Youth Hockey worth 80% of your equipment that was sold. The other 20% will be donated to Bloomington Youth Hockey to be used for scholarships for youth players (house and travel) that have proven the need for financial assistance.

Any unsold equipment must be picked up the Sunday, 8/17 from 12:30 - 1:30 PM. All equipment that is not picked up will be considered a donation to the youth program. Pepsi Ice center and Bloomington Youth Hockey will not be responsible for any equipment that maybe lost or stolen.

For more information on the used equipment sale or  for volunteer opportunities for this event, please contact Tracy Esposito @ .

**Volunteers are needed for this event


Back to top     Share this
USHL Bloomington Thunder Seeking Billet Families
by posted 07/28/2014
 

The USHL Bloomington Thunder are seeking housing/billet families for the 2014-15 hockey season.  Players are NCAA Division 1 Student Athletes and many will go on to play in the NHL. There is a monthly stipend that is paid directly from the Bloomington Thunder USHL to families.

Would you consider helping on a temporary basis or know others who may? 

Team still needs permanent and temporary billets.

 

Madison had some really cute short videos promoting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aotUcsMdmlQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTmNo45CTlo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1IYPu9cYAk

 

For more information, please contact:

Donna Wampler

Billet/Housing Co-ordinator

Bloomington Thunder USHL

309.530.5027


Back to top     Share this
Conditioning Camp Registration Opens Saturday, August 2, 2014
by posted 07/27/2014
 

Registration for the BYHI sponsored Pre-Tryout Conditioning Camp will open Saturday, August 2, 2014 for current BYHI members.

Conditioning Camp is five sessions of one hour each for each player level, and is designed to get players back into condition for tryouts and the coming season. Dates and times for the Camp are already posted on the calendar of this website.

Tryouts for BYHI teams will start the week of September 2.  Registration for Tryouts will be posted at a later date!


Back to top     Share this
Opening for BYHI Scheduler
by posted 07/27/2014
 

BYHI is looking for a member volunteer to be the master scheduler for the upcoming season.  The master scheduler is responsible for creating and maintaining the BYHI ice schedule, coordinating with the Pepsi Ice Center and the BYHI Treasurer, and for attending NIHL mandatory scheduling meetings.

If you are interested or would like more information, please send an email to BYHI President Wayne Montney at .  Thank you.


Back to top     Share this
Calendar is loading...
Upcoming Games
Useful Links

Illinois Ice Magazine

Pepsi Ice Center

Amateur Hockey Association of Illinois

USA Hockey

Arena Maps

Northern Illinois Hockey League